Perthville Play Session
Held at the Hall
Weeks 2, 6 and 10
9.30am - 11.45am
Robyn and Kelly
Find out what happens at Galloping Gumnut Play Sessions here
View the current timetable for this Play Session here
About the Perthville Community
After the proclamation in 1815 of Bathurst as a town, settlement spread south some 12kms to what is now known as Perthville. There are a number of colonial buildings in this area.
At first, Perthville was known as Queen Charlotte’s Vale Creek which runs alongside Vale Road. Vale Road originally carried heavy traffic in laden bullock and horse drays and the settlement began to cater for the bullockies and the coach travellers. It was proclaimed a village in 1855 and names “Perth”. However, in 1908, to avoid confusion with Perth in Western Australia it was re-named as Perthville.
Perthville is also where the Mother House of Sisters of St Joseph of the Bathurst Diocese (Perthville Josephites) is situated. The Perthville Josephites follow in the footsteps of their co-founders Mary MacKillop and Julian Woods, ministering in a variety of ways across the Bathurst Diocese and beyond. Perthville, linked as it is to the life of Blessed Mary MacKillop, is today a pilgrimage site and Josephite Centre.
Please visit this link for more information on this community:- http://bathurstregion.com.au/visit-bathurst/villages/perthville/